Sunday 3 September 2017

Summer Sun Dress with a variation!

The Summer Sun Dress pattern is out to the Terrific Testers!

I am so excited about this pattern! It has a really fun crop top and skirt variation included with the pattern!   The bodice is close fitting and both the dress and skirt have functional pockets.  The back is different too!  It has straps instead of a solid back.
 
Here are Fleur in the Summer Sun Dress, and Lilli wearing the crop top and skirt. 


 I used tiny 1/4 inch or 6mm buttons for trim on both the dress and top and skirt.

I sent the pattern out for testing just yesterday, and already I have photos of two dresses done!  I asked the testers to make the dress first, and here are two wonderful results.

 My original inspiration for this dress was something I saw on a TV show and it was done in horizontal bands of different pinks.  When I saw this dress, I was so excited to see that it really does work with such fun stripes!


This is a softer, more romanic look in a lovely floral print.  I think it would be perfect for a picnic in the countryside.  

I am really looking forward to the samples the other testers are making and will post photos as soon as I get them.  Now that I have four patterns all properly formatted and tested, I hope to arrange for them to be published.  As soon as I decided where and how, I'll post it here first!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bit of a setback...

I wanted to quickly update to say that there will be a delay in getting my patterns up for sale.   I've injured my right hand and arm ...